Please ensure your device(s) are working as expected.
For Mobile Users
To configure your mobile device to work with the newly-migrated Office 365 solution, please do the following on your mobile device.
- Open the Outlook app.
- In the upper left, you’ll see a round icon beside the word “Inbox” which will probably contain your initial, such as (F) if your name is Fred, or possibly your picture if you added one. Tap that icon.
- In the lower left, you’ll see a small gear-shaped icon. Tap the gear.
- Under the heading, “Mail Accounts,” tap the email account that is most likely labelled “Exchange“.
- Near the bottom, tap the “Delete Account” link and then select “Delete From This Device.”
- You should now see an “Add Account” option. Tap that.
- Each device may be slightly different at this point, but it will ask for a username and a password. Your username is your email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password is your normal email password. If it prompts for whether you are using a Work or Personal account, select Work.
- If it prompts to add another account, choose “Maybe Later”
- Assuming you’re back at the the Settings screen that showed after step 3, scroll down to “Signature” and tap that.
- Tap inside the text area, and delete the signature that says “Get Outlook for iOS” or “Get Outlook for Android”, then tap the left arrow to back out, and close Settings. Note: Do not add any other signature in this area, as we have a corporate signature that will applied from the server automatically, to ensure it works for every device you have your email on, and is consistent for all users.
Apple Mail App
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to Mail, and tap that.
- Tap Accounts.
- Select your Global email account (it most likely will say “Exchange”).
- Tap “Delete Account,” and then “Delete Account” again from the pop-up.
- To add it back with the new server settings, tap the “Add Account” option at the bottom of the list.
- Select “Microsoft Exchange.”
- Enter your email address, and a description, like, “Global Mail”.
- Tap Next.
- When it says “Sign in… using Microsoft” tap “Sign In.”
- If you are prompted to choose “Work or school account” versus “Personal account,” select the “Work or school account” option/
- Enter your email password.
- When it asks for permissions, tap “Accept.”
- Select what you want to sync, like Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. It’s your choice what you want. Tap Save.
That’s it! Your new mail should start pulling across. Please note that it may take 24-48 hours for all past emails to also start arriving, but you should be able to access all new emails right away. Please feel free to send test messages to other email accounts that you own, such as to a Gmail or Hotmail address so that you can verify that everything is going through correctly.
Accessing a Shared Mailbox
If you have access to a particular shared mailbox, such as accounting or claims, please do the following:
Sign in to your account in Outlook on the web. https://outlook.office.com
On the Outlook on the web navigation bar, click your name. A list appears.
Click Open another mailbox.
Type the email address of the other mailbox that you want to open, and then click Open. Another Outlook on the web session opens in a separate window, allowing access to the other mailbox.